Thursday, November 26, 2009

Afterward....

It seems weird not to have a pic to go along with my post, but I guess that's the way it will be till I can remedy the situation. Hopefully by next week, things will be back to normal.

Thanksgiving is a over for our family. It is always good to see them together a few times a year. It exhaust me. I can't imagine how worn out my mother must be from all the cooking and cleaning to get ready for everyone. The smaller digs wasn't too bad. Definitely cozy. The food was amazing as always. There are times, like when I gain weight, I wish my mother was an awful cook. It is just too scrumptious to pass up a second helping. I may have regained that 10 pounds I lost.

Three of the kids had birthdays very close to Thanksgiving. It reminds me of how old I'm getting, though I don't feel it or act it. One cousin turned 25, his brother turned 21 and my oldest nephew turned 14! It has been amazing to watch them grow up. It doesn't seem possible they could be that old now.

I always feel a little odd around them. I don't have kids of my own. I seem to constantly be unemployed, though this has been the longest stretch. I don't have a house or cool car. I don't have anyone in my life, nor foresee that changing anytime soon. But some how, despite it all, they still treat me like family. I'm always included regardless and for that I'm thankful. It seems as though the more things change, the one constant is always family.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I am glad your family includes you as families should include all members.
Happy Thanksgiving to you !

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet