Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mumbling About Something

I've been frustrated lately. Nothing major, just little things here and there along the way, that grate my nerves in some form or fashion. I think a lot of it is my growing impatience at the rate my plans are coming together. Which happens to be hardly at all. Work is aggravating, but only from the not enough money perspective and the hours kinda suck. Macy's is not normal retail hours. I have things I want to do and have time and money to do them, but refrain to save money. I need to rebuild my savings after 2 years without a job. I did by clothes for work so at least I do have a decent work wardrobe that fits. I've gone to a few parties, but most are str8 people parties. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I would like there to be another gay person there to talk to. I'm trying to not go out, because it cost too much. The weight lose is slow. I can't get the exercise area cleared out to use because of helping my parents when I'm off. Just lots of little things that are annoying me and making me snippy. I don't like to be snippy.

Of course things are better than before not working. I do have money, and a job. I have been able to spend some and do things. I've been to parties and gotten out the house. But honestly, I want more. I expect more. Of me. No one else. I just feel like I could do better. I'm just not sure where to start to change it. I've looked for other jobs. The pickings are still slim in this area. So I'll stay put until I do find one, win the lottery or they fire me.

Oh well, just doing what I can, when I can, while I can. It will get better. Circumstances always change. I'll just wait for the next change and keep an eye open for a better opportunity.

6 comments:

Peter said...

Dave, all will be alright, give it some time and it will hop on your path.

Cubby said...

Spring's coming soon. You can look forward to that :-)

Java said...

Good luck, David. Keep on the up-and-up (whatever that means).

anne marie in philly said...

hang in there, dave...we have your back!

Ur-spo said...

yes, things change; if we can be patient most things sort themselves out on their own.

Russ Manley said...

Get good at handling a little success, maybe that will prepare you for bigger success to come.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet