Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's Offical

My mother called me Thursday afternoon at work. My father has lung cancer. She says she told me, but she did not. They always called it spots or tumors, never cancer. I felt like I was punched in the gut. I wanted to cry, but didn't. I have no idea what stage it is in. I guess I should have figured it out from all the doctor's visits and treatments. I can't believe she mentioned it so casually, like she was talking about his eye color or something. I'm kinda stunned but not surprised. I'm shaken a bit by it. I knew his other problems were serious, but this adds a whole knew dimension to the worry.

10 comments:

Cubby said...

Terrible news David. I'm really sorry to hear it.

Jim said...

I'm sorry to hear that!
I'll be sending good thoughts your way.
{{HUGS}}

Ray's Cowboy said...

I am praying for you, my freind..My heart goes out to you.


Hugs
Ray

anne marie in philly said...

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

TomS said...

Wow, what a shock... I'm really sorry to read this news... Hang in there Dave...

Damien said...

Dave I am so sorry to hear about this.

I lost my stepfather of 30 years last year to lung cancer.

Blessings be on you and your family mate.

Shalom

Damien

Ur-spo said...

I am sorry
When the emotions settle a bit, get the facts, the options and what can be done. It will help with the run away 'what ifs' that can't all be true.
And keep in mind no one is alone going through this.
Keep us updated.

Mind Of Mine said...

Awh Man I am so sorry.

I know how crushing getting news like that can feel.

You are in my thoughts.

rptrcub said...

I'm so sorry.

Russ Manley said...

So sorry to hear it, Dave. Both my parents were taken away suddenly, no time for goodbyes. Whatever happens with your dad, at least you have a chance to prepare and say all that needs saying. Bless you all.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet