Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunset

Last evening, I went outside to smoke. Tommy was on the couch watching tv. Most times he joins me and we chat while I do my little dirty deed. He stayed inside. Our drinking the night before wore him out. I sat down on the patio and gazed west, over the neighbors houses. I could see the trees on the other side of them standing proud against the sky. There were clouds scattered about that caught the shifting rays of the setting sun. The colors were beautiful. I watched the clouds change shapes. The light falling over the edges like water flows over rocks in a stream. Dusty pinks, creams, grey, against the shifting clouds was mesmerizing. Vivid colors moved across the sky as the sun slowly lowered itself below the tree line, and finally the houses. It was so peaceful. Just the insects and me and the clouds and the setting sun. I had forgotten what a beautiful thing a sunset is to watch.

3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I love sunsets; I always say a prayer of thanksgiving I have had another day.

Ray's Cowboy said...

I am suprise that you smoke, knowing everything about it. But who am I to preach. I used to smoke, but I have been smoke free for over 5 yrs.

Ray

Reid said...

Sunsets can be some of the most beautiful events on earth and they are free for the viewing. When Wayne and I went to Florida
on our honeymoon, we watched the sun set over the Gulf. We took pictures to remind us how breathtaking it was. One more thing to make the trip memorable.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet