Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Use the Force

I need some balance in my life. I remember when I was younger, I worked, hung out with friends, visited my parents, dated, worked out and enjoyed life. Now I spend my days trying to help my parents get their new house in order (my grandparent's old home), going to school, and massive amounts of time on the Internet. I realize some of my problem comes from depression and the isolation it brings. Having lost so many friends over the years, there truly are none left to hang with. I know some of it is the unhealthy dependence I have on my parents while in school and unemployed. The fact that I even admit this is good, but I really need a change. I've gotten fat and lazy. I seem to have just given up on the things that matter to me. That may even be the reason I can't seem to locate my future. I know how I want my life to be; I just can't seem to get everything in sync. Considering my history, getting it all in order isn't going to happen overnight. So I'm trying to set obtainable goals, within a loose timeline.
  • working out
  • finishing school
  • make new friends
  • being more domestic
  • being around other people
  • being involved

It's a small start. But a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. These are mine.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Dave that is encouraging to me also. That could well be my list. I used to make fun of people when they said they were depressed and now if someone ask me what I had to be depressed about I would have to say "day to day living". Good luck on your quest Dave!

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet