Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Been Thinking Again


I 'm trying to figure out what I really, really want to do with the rest of my life. I've talked with therapist and counselors. I try to get ideas. I don't know what criteria one is suppose to use to make decisions that effect the rest of your life. Obviously, I want a career that pays well, that I can be very happy or satisfied with. My main problem is I have such diverse interest. I bore very easy. With my disorder, that will quickly spell disaster. At my age and with my job history, I don't need to keep changing jobs. I would love a job that would let me interact with people on a one to one basis and has some use for my experience in sales. About any job requires a basic knowledge of computers, so I'm covered on that front. I really like helping people. I like sitting down and discussing their needs and how best to meet them. I like being knowledgeable in what I'm doing. I also like being in charge. I don't handle stress very well. It usually leads to a depressive episode after a few months. I like learning and researching. I wish there were a way not to repeat the same mistakes over again, just accepting jobs for an income, but not really something you're interested in. If a job moves to slow or if it becomes too frustrating, it freaks me out too. It throws me all out of whack. I'm great at organizing, writing, instructing and team work. I hope I can figure something out. I can't avoid it by waiting on an inheritance or winning the lottery.

No comments:

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet