Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Old Friend

Dan and Willie (from the Holiday of Giving party) called to invite me out for drinks as they were in town for dinner with Willie's mom on Saturday night. I almost declined since I had been at work and was wore out. I decided to go since I doubted I would see them before Christmas. I'm glad I did! It was great seeing them. It was fabulous to run into an old friend I haven't seen in about 20 years! That is Scott and I in the pic above. I asked a friend to use his camera phone and email it to me. I worked with him at the first job I had in high school. Our paths crossed for several years afterward, till he moved to Florida. It was so great to see him. I was gobsmacked. We chatted and got caught up on lots of goings on. I even called my crush who was a mutual friend and coworker from back in the day. (Atlas, he wasn't able to join us on such short notice, so late at night, but he seemed ok with me calling him.) Scott told me that he appreciated the little comments, chats and pokes on Facebook. It helped him overcome the loneliness he was feeling after being diagnosed with HIV. (Number 8 of my friends.) He is doing well and just about to finish up his PHD in Criminology. I'm proud of him. I wish he were closer.




2 comments:

Russ Manley said...

You're looking good there Dave, glad you caught up with old friends, friendship makes life worth living ya know?

anne marie in philly said...

dave dave dave, man, you are looking HAWT!

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet