Friday, October 15, 2010

Woohoo

I got the full time position! I hope I would. Kinda thought I would. And did! Woohoo! I still will be making less than I'm use to making, but by getting more hours per week, it will feel like a bit of a raise. The benefits were the main objective. I'm not getting any younger and insurance and 401(k) may actually come in handy at some point. I'm hoping after the first of the year to renew my job search for something better paying and in the field of web design. I wouldn't be too disappointed if I stayed in my current field if the pay was higher. At this point though, it does feel good to get a paycheck every week after being without one for so long. It is nice not to rely on my parents for every little thing I need and there is a small amount left over occassionally to do something fun. I do miss not being able to save more money. I use to save 10 to 15 percent from my paychecks. Guess it will take a while to get back to that level of income in this economy. I'm just glad to have a full time job before the holidays. And I've already started my Christmas shopping. Two gifts down and a few more to go! Woohoo!

8 comments:

Ur-spo said...

woohoo! indeed !

Russ Manley said...

You go Dave! Happy for you, very good news. And who knows what other fabulous things will come your way next?

Ray's Cowboy said...

Dave,

Congrats on the full time. I fully understand how this makes you. I been there and back. I am so happy fo ryou. Once again Congrats.

Hugs
Ray

Lemuel said...

Congratulations! Those benefits (if decent) may be worth more than the increased pay without them.
Way to go!

Peter said...

Congrats Dave, its well deserved!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Do you know about the crazy holiday hours you're about to encounter? Get your sleep now!

Cubby said...

Woo Hoo!! Congratz! That's great news David.

anne marie in philly said...

YAYZ for ultra dave!

hopefully you are out of the dark tunnel and running with the light.

how are your parents doing?

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet