Sunday, May 1, 2011

We Are Working On It

Things are slowly returning to the way it use to be with Tommy. We have communicated via email several times over the past couple of weeks. It's good to be relating to him again in some way. It does feel tentitive but not forced, so that is a good sign. Of course, I had to make the first move, as always. I was weak and gave in. That part bothers me. It will definitely have to be addressed at some point between us. At least now that opportunity exist to do so. It isn't that I expect a whole lot out of the guy, but I do think any relationship, plutonic or romantic, involves a certain level of equalness. It doesn't have to be 50/50, but certainly closer to it than it is currently. I know that is one of his issues. Something he will have to deal with on his on. I'm glad he is back and even showing up for work again. Whatever it is or will be, will sort itself out, in it's own time, in it's own way. I'll just go with the flow.

3 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

First of all a relationship is never 50/50 it is more like 60/40 or 40/60. Because if younever give in.. it will never grow. When I was with Jon I learned that, we gave into each other allot. That is why we were together for over 10yrs. He did stuf with me and for me by given in... I did stuff for himand with him by given in. We had a wonderful relationship. I miss him.

Ray

Ur-spo said...

going with the flow is a very sensible approach to things. Not always, but enough to choose it when in doubt.

Peter said...

Two steps forward one step back, you'll get there eventually.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet