Saturday, May 7, 2011

Crossing Ships

Friday, I worked till 5pm and Tommy was scheduled in at 6pm. I asked him if he wanted to come early and grab a bite in the food court at the mall before he clocked in for work. At first he wasn't sure. The money thing again. Then he mentioned his regular gym time. I left it with call me if you change your mind. That was that.

Around 3pm he called and asked if I still wanted to meet for dinner. I said, "Sure." He came in about 15 minutes till 5pm and let me know he was there. I had a late customer, but managed to pawn them off on another associate. (Never fails, make plans, some indecisive customer will make you late.) Needless to say, we finally got to go eat together. We each paid our own way, so no awkwardness there. We sat down, ate, and talked till time for him to head to work.

It was a great conversation. We talked about everything that was going on with each of us. He said, "We" again. (We need to do something together to make money.) He wants me to do some artful nudes of him. Of course, I agreed. He just needs to tell me when. We talked about money, work, my eye, moving, buying houses, websites, working out, etc. Even had some laughs. I had a great time. I think he did too.

It wasn't weird or awkward, even though Thursday was the first time in over a month I had seen him. We have been emailing, posting, and commenting on Facebook for the last 10 days or so. Guess we were trying to feel the other out, since our last time out ended not so well. I'm just going with the flow. We have discussed pool parties later in the season with my old high school gang. When those come up, I will mention it to him. Otherwise, from here on out, I'm giving the reins to him. He can do the inviting. I figure that way I don't feel pushy and he doesn't feel pushed. I think it will only end in friendship, but that is ok. If I haven't had sex or gotten even close after all this time with a guy, it ain't gonna happen. Once they become friends, sex is out of the question. A new best friend isn't such a bad thing....

1 comment:

Russ Manley said...

"If it don't fit, don't force it" has been a good rule for me. Just letting friendships be what they are and not trying to control the outcome. And as you say, it's always nice to have a friend, at least. But I understand the disappointment too. Bless you buddy.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet