Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just the Facts

I thought today would be a good day to share some things about myself. I'm not sure how inclusive this will be. I may hold a few things back to use as a separate post later.




  • I came out to my parents when I was 15 years old. (they thought it was a phase.)

  • My longest relationship was almost ten years. It ended seven years ago.

  • I've had my share of flings and one night stands.

  • AIDS has wiped out most all of my friends,(10 so far) while I remain alone and negative.

  • I've had two D.U.I.'s , after the second, I stopped drinking.

  • I've been robbed at knife point, the only clear description I could give the officer was "He was uncut and limp."

  • My sister and I were both adopted as infants. I have no desire to find my biological parents.

  • I use to party hardy in my twenty's and somewhat into my mid-thirties. Now I don't go out at all.

  • I love to eat out at restaurants when I can afford it. I have even gone by myself several times.

  • I had an acquaintance that was strangled to death and had his penis cut off and placed in his mouth. (never solved)

  • I had a friend die of testicular cancer. (check your balls, guys)

  • I had a high school classmate commit suicide.

  • I had a close friend die in a head on collision with a drunk driver.

  • I live in an 18 year old trailer, in a trailer park, that my parents bought me to get me out of their house. (there is a hole in the floor on one side of the bed I have to step over and a broken out window in the living room.)

  • My sister pays for my Internet service.

  • My parents are paying my expenses while in I'm back in school.

  • I attempted suicide in high school. (my mother was furious that I used her pills and threw the coffee mug at the wall, knocking a hole in it.)

  • I've been in and out of therapy since high school for depression.

  • I was officially diagnosed about 20 years ago, and recently added Inattentive Disorder to the list.

  • I have very good taste and a panache for design. I originally went to college to be an architect.

  • I love to write and have secretly longed to be a novelist. (not so secret anymore)

  • I have a dry, wicked sense of humor.

  • I love movies, thanks mostly to my ex.

  • I had, to date, thirty three jobs in my life, thus far, and expect to have a few more.

  • I've been on food stamps before.

  • I've been on unemployment several times in my life.

  • I'm currently getting counseling from Vocational Rehabilitation.

  • I've received medication before through Health Quest, and seeking it again.

  • I have only had anal sex with five people in my life. Two were boyfriends, one a crush, one I was briefly dating, and the other a stranger I picked up at a bar.

  • I lived in Tampa for about 6 months in 1989.

  • I've had one wreck in my life, and several speeding tickets.

  • My current therapist thinks I'm well adjusted.

  • I'm a very loving and generous person.

  • I've help out two friends that needed a place to stay, without cost to them.

  • My ex let me drive his BMW 750 back from a trip to Atlanta. (still my favorite car.)

  • I had my truck repossessed once, my father got it back for me.

  • I had to let my last new car go back, (I loved that car) to help take care of my grandfather and I had just lost another job. (my father brought me a used Suzuki)

  • I'm a very spiritual person, but don't care for big organized churches.

  • My lowest weight was 145#, my heaviest was 252#, my current is 210#, my best was 175# with a 32 inch waist, a 44 inch chest and 10% body fat back in 2005.

  • I have had dentures since third grade. (bike accident)

  • I have never broken a bone, and do not have any scars.

  • I have three tattoos. (a dragon, a cross, and a smurf)

If this doesn't scare away every potential suitor, then I may should be afraid. I wish my life had turned out differently, but it didn't. I learned a lot about myself, my family, my friends, and life in general. I can't change the past, but I can learn from it. I wish I were perfect, but I don't think I would be as interesting.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I can tell you DO have a wicked sense of humor. Enjoyed checking you out via your blog just now. Dude, you are a catch.

Ultra Dave said...

Thanks Sam! That made my morning!

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet