Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Out of Gas

Yesterday, I ran out of gas. That was infuriating to me. I stopped at the store directly across the street from where I live and they were out. Not that big of a deal. I went literally a mile up the road to that station. They were out. Now I was concerned. Being unemployed and dependant on my parents, I haven't had an half a tank of gas in months, much less a full one. My gas light was had been on since the day before. I knew I was very close to being out, but I figured I would go back home and use what I had in the can I fill the lawn mower with. After all, it was only a mile.(It seemed farther.) I got half way back and the car cut off. Empty! I was on my way to help my father so I tried to call to let him know what was up. My cell phone was out of minutes! This was getting better by the minute. I did a little cussing and swearing, then started walking. It was only about 40 minutes to the house and back but I was sweaty (fat, middle- aged men sweat, a lot) and irritated. I put the gas in. It wasn't enough to reach the fuel pump with the car on a slight incline. Now, I'm really pissed and still can't call anyone for help. I was about to huff it to a house close by to see if I could make a call. Thankfully, two of the girls that work at the very store I tried first recognized me and stopped. I asked to use their cell phone and called my father to let him know what happened. He said he was on his way. Before I could get off the phone, two guys that also knew the girls stopped to help. They helped roll the car to a level spot. It started right up! I was so thankful to all of them. If I had the money, I would have given it to them. (I may could offered "services" to the fellows, I suppose). At least there are still some very kind people in my county.

Today, those stations were still out of gas and when I went into town, the five I passed were also out. At school, I overheard many conversations about stations running out. Supposedly, the supply is en route and should be within the area in the next day or two. I certainly hope so. I didn't like that walking to much.

No comments:

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet