Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's the Thought

Just a little story from many years ago. Back when my ex and I were together, he came over to visit one Sunday afternoon. To my surprise, he brought in a box with a dozen long stem roses. He handed them to me and said he had to get something else from the car. As I was putting them in a vase, he returned carrying more! I was shocked. He was not the romantic type at all. I was flabbergasted! I really started scurrying for more vases. It was obvious I was certainly gonna need them. I went through cabinets and closets looking for anything that would hold water. He return yet again with more boxes! In all, after twenty minutes of unloading his trunk, the back seat, and the passenger seat, all the boxes containing a dozen roses were scattered all over the kitchen, the dining room and the living room. I had know idea what sparked this sudden surge of romanticism. All total, there was 12 dozen roses. They were beautiful! Reds, whites, pinks, all derivatives thereof. I gave him a big bear hug and a kiss on the check. What can you say to all that? Thank you suddenly seems insufficient. I couldn't believe he had spent that much money on flowers, for me! We proceeded to open the boxes and try to arrange them as best you can with more flowers than vases. finally after about an hour and a half, it was done. My place looked and smelled like a florist shop. Everywhere you looked was roses! Beautiful roses! I was giddy! He never showed me that much attention! After some other delights(wink) that afternoon, he had to leave. As always, I walked him to the door. He opened the car door and had one leg inside. I told him I really appreciated all the roses. He replied, "I'll bring you some more when I see the next dump list."

So much for romantic when your boyfriend works for a florist wholesaler.

No comments:

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet