Monday, January 4, 2010

An Interlude


Wow, what an adventure! Last night while surfing my favorite websites, my internet connection just vanished. I couldn't figure out the problem. After two hours of trying everything I could think of, I came to the conclusion my ethernet port died. Bummer. This morning I called the geeks and explained the situation. Their best idea was to bring the laptop in and let them do some test on it, but they mentioned it could be a problem with the ethernet card which would be really expensive to fix or the motherboard. Undeterred, I championed on to find my own solution. I have built in Wi-Fi so I opted for a 35.00 wireless router. A trip to the store and about 1.5 hours later, laced with much cursing, I have an internet connection again! Color me relieved! Classes start Wednesday and one is on-line. Electronics just don't last around me. Must be my magnetic personality! By the way, the pic isn't the router I purchased or the right color, brand, or style, it's for illustrative purposes only.

1 comment:

Java said...

Good for you! Glad you're back among the land of the blogging. :)

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet