Friday, January 1, 2010

A Toast!

A new year begins, full of promise and dreams. I wonder of many things now. Will everything fall into place for me? Will a job or true love be forthcoming this year? How long will I have to wait? While the eternal optimist, I'm also a realist. Things rarely pay attention to the cards or whims of the heart. I'm ready for it. After discussing my predicament with my first ex, he has assured me that I am still a fabulous person and anyone would be gobsmacked to find themselves with me. That is what I needed to hear tonight. I lacked the funds and had too much pride to ask my parents for money, to pursue my obsession/crush, so I stayed home. Cheap wine in Waterford crystal still doesn't change the reality but it does make it more bearable. I hope that the blue moon didn't work against me tonight in that regard. If it was meant to be, the moon, the holiday, the location and the timing will not make a difference. So, I raise my glass to my readers and offer this toast:

May all your dreams be fulfilled.

May your burdens be light.

May every wish come true.

May sickness or strife never find you.

May 2010 be your year!

Cheers!!

3 comments:

TomS said...

Dave, you are a beautiful writer, which is justice, because you are a beautiful person. Happy New year my friend.
Tom

Russ Manley said...

Dave buddy, hope you have it all this year. Peace and all good wishes from Texas to you.

word verif: upest !?!

witomski said...

Dave...the best to you in 2010. If it's any comfort, you are not alone.....Regards....Joe

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet