Thursday, June 24, 2010

Discouraged

I'm so sick of sending out resumes and filling out job applications. Since I've been out of work for nearly 2 years, I know I've done well over a 100 of them. No fucking offers, not even an interview. What the hell is wrong with these damn people? I realize the job market is in the employers' favor, but damn, this is ridiculous! I'm either over qualified or under experienced or I made too much at my last job to be considered. Honestly, I have no clue as to what to do next. I've talked with a couple people about doing a freelance web design for a small fee, then nothing. And my rates are dirt cheap, far below the going rates. What is the fucking problem here? I'm suppose to get another round of unemployment, but God only knows when it starts and I need it NOW! I'm over the whole fucking thing. Selling drugs and becoming a prostitute is sounding better every day.

1 comment:

Breenlantern said...

It seems like any words of encouragement I could offer wouldn't help your situation much, if at all. I can't imagine the stress, frustration and disappointment you must be feeling over this, but I do think all you can do is keep on keeping on and trust that it will work out somehow, because it has to. In the meantime, anything you can do to stay active, involved or engaged so you don't stay too focused on being unemployed may help. Indulge a hobby, explore local attractions, visit with friends...whatever brings you joy or makes you smile. Hoping you get good news soon.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet