Saturday, June 5, 2010

Daddy Update

During an endoscopy procedure, the spot on my father's lung showed up again. I had mentioned it before, here, here, and here. He went for a PET scan 2 weeks ago. And yesterday for a CAT scan. He should get the results in the next 10 days or so.

His breathing is horrible. He can hardly walk 10 feet without having to stop to catch his breath this days. Any type of exertion leaves him huffing for air. He carrys an inhaler everywhere he goes now. The doctor has ordered oxygen to be sent to the house. He is in bad shape. With all the medication he takes for it, I see no improvement at all. To say I'm worried would be an understatement.

He continues to lose weight and has no appetite. For most of his adult life, has weight 210, on a 6'2" frame. Now he weights 150! I weighted that in high school and I'm only 5'8". Nothing seems to be working to restore his appetite or weight. He is weaker than I've ever seen him. My mother is concerned and at a lose as to what to do. She has tried everything.

I hope the doctors can figure out what is going on and correct it. I don't like where this path leads.

7 comments:

Cubby said...

Oh David, these signs are not good at all. Has your mom tried giving him ice cream? Even folks with no appetite can manage a little ice cream.

Anonymous said...

Sorry things are looking too good. I'm actually watching The Closer and Brenda ate some magic brownies. Maybe they would help your dad.

Ur-spo said...

At all sounds discouraging. I do hope they find something specific the matter so they can treat it. At least, give them some hopeful comfort relief.

Java said...

That does not sound good. I imagine the wait for the test results is hard.

You and your mom and dad are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ray's Cowboy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Ray

Lemuel said...

My best thoughts and prayers for your father, for you, and for your mother!

Russ Manley said...

My thoughts and prayers ditto. I do know what it is like to worry over an aging parent's health.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet