Monday, September 17, 2012

Conspiring Fates

I actually had a very unexpected pleasant weekend. It seems that things that were planned morphed into something even better. Saturday was the annual White Party but I wasn't planning on going. I had toyed with the idea but since last year was so disastrous, I figured maybe the After Party if anything at all. I was scheduled to work Saturday till 630 anyway, so the timing was good. I mentioned it to Tommy a while back and didn't think of it again. As the day approached, my budget just couldn't handle it and put it out of my mind. Tommy contacted me Wednesday and wanted me to help him plan a party for Saturday before the After Party. Of course I said I would. I went Friday night and helped clean up, and ready the place. To be cleaning up and being all domesticated, we actually had a good time. We heated up a pizza and opened some Coronas and commenced to cleaning and talking and listening to music, just having a great time, really! I advertised my shift for Saturday and someone picked it up that morning at 9am. Tommy called me to ask if I minded if he cancelled it because a friend of his had gotten invitations to the White Party. Then he asked if I wanted to go and we would meet at his house for cocktails before we left. I said yes.( Thankfully, early in the season, I had already purchased some white pants just in case I did go.)

We got ready....much tamer this time around....I was dressed and downstairs before him as his friends arrived at the front door. I let them in, got glasses and poured martinis that Tommy had made earlier from a pitcher. The look on their faces was priceless. One somewhere between a pleasant shock and awe. It was our first time meeting, and I knew he was close to them, so I wanted to charm them. (I already knew I looked good, lol) We chatted, laughed, probed, and drank....a very nice time. We all drove separate cars, cause no one was sure what exactly they may or may not feel like doing.

We had a blast! I drank, danced and hung out with the three of them. His friends were very warm and welcoming. I had a great time. I actually ran into Mike (the one who said there was no connection but we still chat like friends. He actually told me he seeing someone from Rock Hill the day before when we chatted. I wished him well, and hoped it worked out for him.) And I ran into Jerry (who come to find out knew all the ones I was with because they all do country line dancing together. We went out once too on a date but haven't really stayed in touch, though I tried, he made little effort to.) Imagine my surprise that they were dating each other! OH LORD! I smiled at them. Made small talk. I had no ill will against either. It wasn't awkward since I hadn't slept with either one. We only kissed good night on each of our respective dates. I think the oddest thing was while Tommy, Mike and Jerry all watched (intently, I may add) while I was dancing with a lesbian. I was getting down, having myself a blast, sweating like crazy! I catch their eyes watching me every once in a while.

Tommy really surprised me these last month or so. He actually picked up hours at Macy's. We have done lunch several times, chatted like never before. He purchase a gift for me, as a friend I'm sure. Gave me a DVD player since mine broke. Has introduced me to his friends, his neighbor, and his brother. He has been considerate, thoughtful and more sensitive. He has even offered me a spare room at his house, if I need a place to stay because of the issues with my place. He is actually being a good friend! Unbelievable!

So my weekend was awesome! I had fun! Made new friends! Saw some old ones! And I hope, made a few old dates a little envious that they lost out on me!

2 comments:

thirdn9 said...

So let's review .... you whine and complain about your hours at work and check....BUT with the mentality of a 22 year old you blow off work for a party! You don't want to get ahead in life really you

Ur-spo said...

awesome and cool ! good for you !

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet