Monday, November 28, 2011
- Overweight by 20 pounds/ But I did lose 75 pounds
- Very hairy / But I do keep it trimmed and shaved
- Mentally and emotional strong / But I can be hurt
- A very good friend / But I can be driven away
- Not in perfect shape / But I do have some muscles
- Broke most of the time / But I do have a job
- Not needy or lonely / But I do like to hang out or chat
- Intelligent / But still feel stupid sometimes
- Loyal / But realize when being mistreated or taken advantage of
- Not living large / But I do inherit a trust fund
- Generous with my time / But not gonna make all the effort
- Not a good time charlie or fair weather friend / But there if needed
- Sweet and caring / But can be a bitch if pushed
- Well adjusted / But still have a few things that will set me off
- A great communicator / But I can be secretive
- Forgiving / But I don’t forget
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
For Thanksgiving tomorrow, I hope that everyone can find at least one small thing in their life to be thankful for and one great thing that made you who you are today. Thanksgiving isn't about the food, but the people who surround us everyday. Those we count as friend, coworker, neighbor or family. Those are the blessings in life, not the things we possess. Wishing all my blogger friends, a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Falling leaves drift slowly to the ground
Barren trees standing silently in place
The melancholy of it all.
I think of happier times, happier places
knowing I can never return there again
Things have changed
Too many pieces of the happy missing from the puzzle of joy.
Profound loss, deep sadness saturate my being
There is no halting where life is heading
No stopping the march of time
Along for the ride, like it or not, ready or not.
I know what is coming and my soul aches.
Out the window, blankly I stare.
For at this moment, that is all I can do.
Friday, November 18, 2011
From Spo, the dear.
1. How old were you when you knew you were gay?
About 5. Always knew there was something special about the boys!
2. Have you ever had sex with the opposite sex?
Nope, never will either.
3. Who was the first person you came out to?
Not sure exactly. Don't recall ever being really "in".
4. Are you out to your family?
5. Do you want children?
No. When I was younger, I would have considered it.
6. Do you have more gay friends or straight friends?
About evenly split.
7. Were you out in school?
Once again, not really in, but I didn't place it on a billboard either.
8. Is your best friend the same sex as you?
9. If your best friend is the same sex, have you ever had sex with them?
10. Have you ever done crystal meth?
11. Have you ever been in a sling?
12. Have you ever done a 3-way?
13. Have you ever dressed in drag?
When I was about 12. Fooled even my grandparents, but that was before the mustache.
14. Would you date a drag queen?
Nope. Not enough closet space.
15. Are you ‘fixed in your ways’ as it were?
16. Cher or Bette?
17. Have you dated someone of a different ethnicity?
Dated, no. Tricked, yes.
18. Been to Fire Island? Saugatuck? Key West? Ft. Lauderdale? Palm Springs?
No to all.
19. How many Madonna CDs do you own?
20. Name of your first love?
21. Do you still talk to them?
22. Does size matter?
23. Biggest turn on?
Kindness and intellect.
24. Biggest turn off?
Attitude. (agree with Spo on this one)
25. Ever been harassed due to your orientation?
Called names but quickly quelched that.
26. Worst gay stereotype that applies to you?
Music choices. Love a danceable tune.
27. Ever been to a pride rally?
28. Would you marry if you could?
Yes. Already planned it, just gotta find the man :)
29. Would you rather be rich and smart or young and beautiful?
Rich and smart. Money can make me beautiful and youth is wasted.
30. Do you sculpt your eyebrows?
31. Do you trim your body hair?
Trim occasionally, not shave, except for the back.
32. Ever had sex with more than one person in a day?
Yep, long ago.
33. Ever been to an orgy?
Yep, not my cup of tea.
34. Which character in “The Women” best reflects you?
Have no idea about this. Whichever one is the most fabulous.
35. Favorite gay expression ?
The word ‘fabulous”! (agree with Spo on this too.)
36. How may ‘ex’ do you have?
37. Do you believe in fairies?
I believe in all magical creatures and good men as well. They are just hard to find.
38. Do you have any tattoos?
Yep, three of them.
39. Do you have any piercings?
40. Would you date a smoker?
Yep, as long as it isn't pot, crack or some other illicit drug.
41. If you are male, do you know many lesbians?
Yep, a few.
42. Do you know anyone who has died from HIV?
About 15 at last count. So sad.
43. Are you part of a gay organization?
Not any more. Don't have the time.
44. Is your gym cruisy?
Don't belong to a gym currently, but if I join one, that is a must!
45. Grinder or Scruff?
46. Are your best years behind or in front of you?
God, I hope it gets better from here on out.
47. Got Porn?
48. Make out music?
Anything that fits the mood and location.
49. Ever been in love with a straight guy?
50. Did you ever have sex with him?
51. Have you ever been to a nude beach?
Nope, on my bucket list.
52. Have you ever been to a bath house?
53. Ever had sex in public?
54. What gay gene did you miss out?
Tidiness......I hate to clean a house.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Sunday, November 6, 2011
The hope now faded.
There is no turning back from this.
It's grip too strong.
It's heels dug in deep.
Nothing more can be done.
Sadness colors everything.
Everything you do.
Everything you think.
There is no escaping.
Just this moment.
Wondering if there will be another.
A final countdown that no one knows when will end.
Will it be sudden?
Or stretched to torturous lengths?
Will there be much pain?
There will be many tears.
More than can be counted.
The end is coming.
It is closer than it should be.
They arrive too slowly and depart too quickly.
Something to give, to change
Just be different.
Everyday the same
Eat, Sleep, Work.
Where's the love?
More bills than paycheck.
More effort than returns.
It gets better they say.
Thursday, November 3, 2011
On other notes, Jim and I are still in touch, not as frequently but with things going on with me and him helping look after a friend that had back surgery there isn't much time. I think the interest is still there. I'm looking forward to a third date and maybe a little more. Phillip is totally out of the picture. He hasn't responded to the last text or emails and had unfriended me on Facebook. Guess that means he isn't interested. Fine by me. He was too flaky for me. Tommy has reached out and communicated. I'm not ready to hang out with him again, but it was a bit of a relief to have him to talk to about my father since he went through the same thing with his mother in June of this year. I'm playing it by ear with all of them. I have other things going on now. If it works out with Jim great. If Tommy and I can be friends great. If nothing more comes of either Jim or Tommy, I'm cool with that too. I've come to learn that it is more their loss than mine. I bring a lot to the table. What to they bring?
Sadly, they will be celebrating from the hospital this time. My father was admitted Monday due to the pneumonia returning. He is doing much better and should be released Friday or Saturday. I purchased a gift and a card for him to give my mother and placed in his room last night for this morning. (Of course he reimbursed me.) They have had a rough year and a half, but I look at them and wish I had that deep of a love with someone. They are my inspiration in everything I do.