Friday, August 20, 2010

Not Much Happening

I work tomorrow at 8am. I dread that. I worry I will over sleep and most likely won't sleep any, so tomorrow will be rough anyway you look at it. I've also don't feel well either which doesn't help. Yesterday, I had really bad pains in my abdomen. I thought it may be gas or even sever constipation, but it wasn't either one. It actually woke me up at 430am. The more the morning wore on the worse it hurt. It still does, just not as bad. There for a while I even considered going to urgent care. It hurt all the way through to my lower back. I still feel the pressure and discomfort from just below my sternum to my waist line. It's even worse standing or moving around much. It feels like something is in there that ought not be. I feel bloated and full though I haven't ate very much the last 2 days. I even dropped a couple of pounds. I have no idea what is going on with my body. I took a half of a percoset (sure that isn't spelled right) twice yesterday for relief. Today I haven't had to yet, but I've just laid around the house for the most part. I hope it isn't anything serious and it goes away. I don't want to screw up my new job with this problem. I helped my father move another building from the old place to the new place Tuesday. I even considered that maybe I pulled something in the process. It sounds reasonable, except I didn't strain to do anything or have any immediate pain, so I doubt that is it. Oh well, whatever. I'll deal with it. My parents are at the lake house this weekend. Daddy will start his radiation soon. Still waiting on the exact date from the doctor. Honestly, I've never seen anything so stretched out in my life. The little sticky dots they put on him last week to help with the procedure are starting to fall off. Just what in the hell are these doctors waiting on? Anyway, my mother's procedure is next month. It was postponed because the skin hasn't stretched enough for the implant, with the stuff going on with my father, that is probably best. I'm sure she will be glad to get that over with. She has waited a long time for the reconstruction. The more things change, the more they stay the same it seems. Today was my first payday in 2 years! Woohoo! A big $88 and some change. Still, it felt good. It's a start.


Peter said...

You better do a check-up soon Dave, it could be kidney stones or worse.

Btw, don't you have an alarm-clock? That will wake you right on time and you wont lose sleep over it.

Lemuel said...

I am sorry to hear of the malady - whatever it is. I hope you have relief soon. Such bad timing with the start of the new job.

Congrats on the first pay check.

Russ Manley said...

If you're really worried about oversleeping, do what I do and buy a $5 alarm and put it where you *have* to get out of bed to turn it off, as a back-up.

I wonder if the pains you're having are ultimately or subconsciously from the stress of the new job situation, which you haven't been used to for a couple years.

Try drinking a small glass of prune juice or two which is a very gentle laxative and shouldn't hurt you. If that doesn't work, do see a doc.

Good luck with the Macy's gig today! I know you'll do just fine once you settle into the routine.

CJ/Rick said...

With everything you got going on Dave it might be nerves. Stress can wreak havoc with our bodies. I know people hate hearing that. But you know yourself better than anyone. Go get checked out if your concerned.
Hey you could take a blog buddy out to a nice dinner and drinks with that check. hint hint hint

Vương Tử Trực said...

Having sex too much can cause low back pain :D

Ray's Cowboy said...

I have to say I fully agree with Russ here.

Congrats on getting a paycheck..I knew youcould do it.


Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet