Friday, July 2, 2010

My Day

Well, my parents are at the lake, so I'm dog and plant sitting again. I took care of their little dog this morning and will go back this evening to do the same. I ran errands this afternoon. I took a chain and pendant to the pawn shop for some cash. Then went to the Department of Social Services to apply for food stamps. It was a relative quick and easy process, though humiliating. My parents have been very generous, but this will help all of us out. They can save some money and I can stick with my diet, cause my mother always gets the fattening stuff for me from the grocery store. The best part of the day was the stop by the liquor store for a bottle of rum. Can't wait to crack open the seal on that this evening. I'm also very happy the temps have dropped back down in the low 80's with low humidity. The place hasn't been 90 degrees for the last couple of days. Woohoo!

2 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

I fully understand where you are coming form.my heart goes out to you.
Ray

Java said...

I hope a job comes along soon.

These lower temps are encouraging. I'm not miserable! And you, without a/c, OMG you must be uber thankful.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet