Friday, October 8, 2010

Yep.....Still Here

It has been busy and tiresome, but fun around here lately. I just finished up an 11 day stretch of working, which was exhausting. I filled out the paperwork for the full time position at work and have my fingers crossed about that. I'm already put in more hours than the full timer at work so hopefully that will count for something. I went to a fundraiser for The Mint Museum last week. Saw lots of people I knew and had a blast. I even ran into Tommy, the cute, tall coworker of mine and my old crush Jeff. The view from the 5th floor terrace looking out over downtown Charlotte at night was spectacular! Wish I had taken my camera. My mother's surgery and recovery has been great and speedy as well. It has been good lately.

The only downside has been with my father. The results of his scan showed one tumor responded to the treatment, the other did not. That seems to be certain, though I thought there was only one and the other was a misreading. Regardless, in another month he will go for a follow up to see if it has changed by then. I'm not sure what can be done if it hasn't. He can't take chemo and they can't do surgery, so the only option, if available is another round of radiation treatment if he can stand it. The first treatments left him fatigued but otherwise ok. We'll just have to see where it stands a month from now.

Some other good news, though we aren't exactly sure how and if it will pan out, is the town sent a letter of interest to my parents about their old place. Seems they may consider it for a town park. If they are willing to pay at least tax value, I know my parents will sell. That means I can get to building my house sooner rather than later. Of course, it's just a latter of interest. No offers have been made or terms discussed, but it's a nice little surprise in the midst of all the chaos.

As a side note, I have two dear friends that are dealing with health issues of their own. One had neck surgery again to repair the stuff done the first time. He literally has some screws loose (which I always suspected). The doctors removed part of his hip bone to make the repair this time. (Guess he will have his ass on his shoulders for sure now) He is back home recovering and has some pain meds to make him more pleasant. I wish him well. He's too cute and too fun to be laid up for long.

Another friend has stage 2 squamous cell circoma (His spelling, which I think is wrong). He had a bump removed on his head and that was what the biopsy revealed. He goes next week to make sure they got it all. I'm not sure exactly how serious it is, but any cancer sucks in my book. I wish him and his partner well. I wish I were closer to look in on him.

That wraps up my news. Hope all is well with my dear readers. I appreciate y'all sticking with my little blog through these changes. And all the nice comments and emails are comforting. I'd loved to hang out with any of you any day! Just as soon as I win the lottery.......

6 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

glad to know you are still out there, dave! sending good vibrations/karma your way for things to go well for you and your family!

PS - word is "snetchip"; wonder what snetchips taste like? hopefully not like snotchips! LOL

Russ Manley said...

On the whole, great news Dave, glad for you . . . I bet that FT job is fixing to drop right in your pocket. Beaming out good luck and good vibes to you and your folks from Texas.

Lemuel said...

I'm happy to hear the good news and will send good thoughts out to your family and friends in their needs.

On a completely unrelated note: my word verification for this comment was "rearme". Hmmm. Is blogger suggesting something? ;)

Cubby said...

"...sticking with my little blog..." You can't get rid of me so easily.

I'm happy things are going well for you. Good luck on the full time position.

Ray's Cowboy said...

I am lgad to hear for the most part everything is going well with you.
Much love,
Ray

Ur-spo said...

I was away all weekend; thanks for keeping us abreast of the news.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet