Sunday, April 29, 2012

Soul Mates

Really? From my understanding, supposedly, everyone has one, whether they meet them or not or wind up with them or not. I can't say that I don't believe in them or that I whole heartily do either. I'm open to the concept and find the romantic connotation intriguing. It would be really cool if that were truly the case. Of course, I think putting too much emphasis on finding one would make anyone less feel like settling, when I don't think that would be the case if you were deeply in love and committed to someone.

A coworker asked me what I thought about the concept and I responded with the above, more or less. My best friend and I were probably very close to being soul mates. Our friendship was uncanny in many ways. I did love him, just not romantically. And sad to say, even that may have worked out if we had chosen to go there.

I think there is something to deep connections with another person. It can seem almost destined. I don't believe it will be struggle free. Life throws too many curve balls for anything to be too easy breezy. However, I think those connections are undeniable whether fully understood or expressed. It's a deep feeling, beyond gut level, toward something molecular almost. Maybe instinct or psychic or something akin or a blend of all the above. But it certainly feels real.

I've met and worked with many people. I'm usually a great judge of character. I sense what others don't. I've become close friends with coworkers in the past that others didn't like for some reason. Once they were around them more their opinions changed. I never discount anyone as a friend, potential date, etc, until I get to know them. People can be very surprising. And I like surprises. I have learned a lot by being open to people without the judging them, quickly or otherwise.

Some people you met you have an instant feeling of being connected to. Others that develops over time. Some you like and you don't exactly know why. Others, it's like you have known them forever. I have had many in all categories. Still, life can get in the way of seeing what will ultimately becomes of these. I try to make an effort for as long as I can. I don't wanna miss a thing, especially my soul mate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe in getting to know people and being open but have learned that my first impression/instinct is always correct. I have been burned more times for not listening to my instincts but never the other way around.

Gary said...

A good judge of character is a good trait .... But how does that explain Tommy ?

Ultra Dave said...

LOL, Tommy is a good man with issues. He isn't malicious by nature and he has a good heart and a great soul. Is he perfect no, neither is anyone else I know. He just thinks too much, acts to little and let's his issues control him.

Gary said...

You need to convince yourself of that it seems. You are a hardworking caring person and not just with your family but with your community as well. So it seems you are the one with a great heart and soul.

As I type this he is on the APP Growlr offering his "services" A middle age muscle queen who over estimates his "talents" And if you want a good chuckle check out his ad on Silver Daddies.

Ultra Dave said...

LOL....I think it's fine. He can do whatever he likes. We aren't dating or married. I certainly don't think he is a saint, no more than I am. If I had a smart phone I may would try to locate him for shits and giggles. I've never heard of Silver Daddies, but will have to check it out when I have the time. I may even find someone on there!

Ur-spo said...

Jungians see 'soul mate' as quite a different thing than most people imagine it to be.
You want to know your soul-mate? Think of the person you can't stand the most, who is your nemesis, your anti-matter. That's your soul mate.

Ahab and Moby Dick - they were soul mates.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet