Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Job Hunt


I interviewed for a job the other day. It sounds great, but I'm skeptical. It requires some training that is free, which I've already sign up for next month. It will require me to miss some classes, so I'll have to be prepared to either catch up or get ahead. It deals with things I'm familiar with, such as addictions, mental illness, and the problems it creates. I've certainly had my share of the latter two. they are willing to work around my school scheduling. It will make use of my computer and people skills, Even my enjoyment of paperwork. (weird I know). The draw backs that I can see are few. No benefits, less than I'm use to making, some driving people around to various places and not dressing above the clientele. The biggest concern is with some of the mental patients. Not that I have a phobia, but I'm not sure if I have adequate skill sets to handle that. I've always been a bit uneasy in their presence. I still treat them with respect and dignity, but always felt that I was doing something wrong by them. Hopefully the training will address that in some way. It seems to be on the right track for what I would like to do; help people. I still have to pass all the background checks which shouldn't be a problem. But I think if nothing else, it will be a great experience to learn and could lead to something greater later on. Also some sort of income during school is much better than a hand out from my parents. (Christmas is coming up soon.) I really hope I get offered the job. I guess I'll just have to wait to find out.

1 comment:

Rick said...

It's always good to learn something new. Good for you! I hope it works out positively for you Dave.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet