Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Uncle Russell

My uncle Russell passed away Tuesday. His long fight with cancer and emphysema is finally over. I had made mention of it a while back ago in a post. I have been surprised at how long he has lasted after all he had been through. He was my father's youngest sibling and the first to pass away. My father isn't showing much emotion, at the moment, but I'm sure it is hitting him hard. They have always been close and face the same illness. I went to the visitation this evening, stopping by on the way home from work. His daughter was there. She thought I was another cousin. She was dressed more for a motorcycle rally then a visitation. Of course she has always been a tramp. At least her leather vest was black. It was great to see many cousins I rarely see. Sad it had to be under such circumstance. My aunt that cared for him is rather distraught. It showed on her face and I could hear it in her voice. She is the next oldest of the siblings. At 65, may my uncle finally rest in peace. The peace he never knew on this Earth. He will rejoin his parents.

1 comment:

Cubby said...

Very bad news. I'm sorry for your loss David.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet