Thursday, May 31, 2012

Grateful Things

Of many things I've lost
along the way to here
The good the bad the indifferent
gathered together in one place
Easy to chose
or hardest choices
Family and friends are tops
love can go either way
Health and financial gain meh
It the the hurt and hate I'm glad to see leave
The disappointments and charades
Anger and frustration get the boot too.
For all the living one does
some dying must happen as well
Everything ends so something new can begin
I'm grateful for things
both good and bad
happy and sad
It makes the now so much sweeter
and the future so much more to be cherished
Perfection comes from continuous refinement
My life to this point has been adding the polish
to this once rough diamond
All that has come to pass
has added facets to my chararcter
and personality
I don't have to be happy in the moment
But only know to be grateful for all things in the end.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

gratitude is a much more wise and available commodity than happiness - and in the end more precious.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet