Friday, February 19, 2010

Cancer Update

Finally, a date has been set for my mother's breast cancer surgery. It will be March 17th, 2010. She has decided to have the complete breast removed and have reconstructive surgery, followed by chemo. Thankfully, last go round it was radiation treatment or she wouldn't be allowed the chemo this time. She is still in good spirits, but I can see, she is worrying under the surface. Who wouldn't? But she remains strong and determined to give it her best fight. I wish it would just go away and spare her all that lies ahead, but that isn't gonna happen. We all have to deal with what life throws at us, whenever it does, to the best of our ability. I'm sure she will be glad when all of this is behind her. I know I will.

3 comments:

Russ Manley said...

Just take it a day at a time, that's all anyone can do. Peace buddy.

Lemuel said...

My best thoughts to all as always.
Just a thought, if you were not aware so that you might be sensitive and supportive of your mom, but the radical surgery may be as emotionally stressful for her as the cancer. She may think of herself as "less a woman" and therefore less loved. She may need support and affirmation from those around her.
It would be similar to our feelings if we suddenly lost our penises against our wishes.

Java said...

Oh, dear. This is going to be hard on everyone, of course, especially her. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. It's probably the best thing to have a radical mastectomy. I hope she will conquer this thing!

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet