Monday, February 1, 2010

What's Happening?







School was cancelled today. Why, I have no clue. Yesterday was warm enough to clear the roads of any remaining snow or ice. A delay I could understand since it would refreeze overnight, but whatever. I stayed home and did nothing, which isn't that uncommon.





I can tell my attitude is changing toward Jeff. I'm not as enthralled as I once was. Not that I'm giving up, just being a bit more realistic. As you can tell, the poetry about love and such isn't as prevalent as before. He is still a super nice fellow that makes me tingle, but I have other things to worry about. It will happen when it is suppose to in it's own time.





Waiting to get the results of my mother's biopsy is taking forever. I've been weighted down with that this weekend. Wednesday can not get here quick enough. I'm hoping for the best and planning for the worst, just in case. My mother seems to be dealing with okay, so I'm trying to follow her lead. Don't wanna stress her out by me being freaked out about it, especially when it is still so uncertain.

7 comments:

Java said...

School was cancelled for my son, too. It was still icy in his apartment complex. He hadn't heard that school was cancelled, so he went out to catch the shuttle (which didn't arrive). On his way to the shuttle stop he slipped on the ice, fell, and scraped his knee. Thankfully it wasn't a bad scrape, but it put a hole in his jeans. When I talked to him earlier today I wasn't sure if he was more upset about the scraped knee or the hole in his jeans.

Glad your crush is waning in intensity. Pining like that distracts from other stuff.

I hope everything turns out alright for your mother. You will let us know, won't you? My thoughts are with her. And you. And your dad.

Russ Manley said...

All good wishes for your mom. I know that's very worrisome.

As for your crush, well, life is a crapshoot buddy. You can't force someone to love you. Better you should pour your energies into being great at your intended job than sitting around mooning over something that may never happen.

God knows I wasted a lot of time in my younger life that way when I should have been improving my own self; and I look back at the guys I was mooning over and wonder "what was that all about?" I can see from this perspective it wouldn't have worked anyway if they had returned my interest.

Take care of Dave first. When you are employed and getting somewhere with your life and talents, maybe something even better will roll your way. You never can tell.

Ur-spo said...

waiting for test results is so difficult.
I hope it come out well.

witomski said...

Dave....there is a Plan for everything and there is so much "Dave" that can go around....Keep the faith....Joe

Lemuel said...

continued best wishes for your mom. I understand your anxiety in not yet knowing.

anne marie in philly said...

sending good vibes your mother's way...

Jim said...

I hope the tests come out OK! xoxo

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet