Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just My POV

Yesterday's post generated some response. At least, someone is reading this blog. While I agree with wanting this administration to say something, I also feel that at this particular juncture, saying nothing is a smart move. It doesn't make us happy, but at least it does not give ammo to the other side nor does it give them time to implement a plan of resistance against what is coming down the pike. I see the silence as more of a strategic move more so than an abandonment. Like I said yesterday, there is a lot on his plate at the moment. I honestly don't recall a time line being mentioned while Obama was campaigning as to when equality would be addressed. Even if he had even one, the ideal and implementation are two entirely different things. As a gay American, I wish it was already a done deal. But I am an American first and gay is much further down the list. I want a strong country and economy. I want the wars to end. I want to see the Bushies held accountable for their crimes. Maybe because I'm not in a relationship, marriage isn't the foremost issue on my mind. Even if I were, there are states where it can happen. Change takes time, not only for those against it to come around, but for those who support it to lay the groundwork to make it happen. Silence can sometimes be golden, even if it isn't what you want to hear.

2 comments:

T.E.W. said...

Dave that is one way to look at it, though growing up my Mom always said, "Sometimes its not what you say, it's what you don't say".

Anonymous said...

Dave....just recently discovered your page last week. Read about four months worth of previous entries. Really enjoy both of your Blogs. Did not relize this one existed until I opened your profile....Regards...Joe

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet