Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bored...

I'm bored. Listless. I need some excitement. It's the same old tune. I need something or someone in my life to give it purpose. Not saying I'm incomplete without them, just not as fulfilled as I know I could be. Does that make sense? I have time but little money or vice versa. I have friends but they aren't always available or interested in the same things. Maybe more friends would help? Not sure what the solution is. I just need something/someone! I need/want to do things to get me off the computer. I need/want to do things to get out of the house. I wouldn't mind talking on the phone if it didn't cost me so much to do so. I like chatting online, but then you have to wait for someone that wants to chat and has the time. I need a hobby or boyfriend. (Or both!) I fill hollowed out inside sometimes. I guess there needs to be something I find satisfying in my life, but I be damned if I know what it will take to do it.

3 comments:

Russ Manley said...

Oh Dave. Sometimes you remind me a lot of my younger self. And I know it's not good to give advice unless people specifically ask for it.

But buddy - life is what *you* make of it. Or not. In which case, you will be singing the same sad tune when you're 65 and 75. Your lifespan is already half over, ya know?

What you lack, more than a mere hobby or a boyfriend, is a goal, a purpose, a reason to get up in the morning - something to work for, something to build, create, nurture, achieve. Just aimlessly waiting around for what you will get when mom and dad are gone is not sufficient to have a meaningful life. And of course it's incredibly boring.

Okay, you may hate me now, but I say that as a friend. And I'm going to shut up now. Bless you buddy.

Ultra Dave said...

I could never be mad at the truth or the messenger. I've secretely suspected as much for sometime. I'm gonna have to do a post on this. Thanks Russ! xoxo

Russ Manley said...

No problem bud.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet