Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Banging About


My father worked on installing the other railing today. We made go progress. Tomorrow we should be finished with the last rail and the trim work on the porch. I hope so anyway. Then on to painting a second coat. I was surprised how much we got accomplished today. Since the doctor lowered my father's blood pressure medication, he has much more stamina. He actually kept up with me today! I'm glad to see the improvement.

After the porch is finished, it is on to the overhang around the house. There are a few spots where the gutters ran over and caused a little bit of rot. We are just gonna replace it all and install new eave vents while we are at it. Then we get to paint that too!

Then we move on to the shutters. The need to be removed and painted and then reinstalled. It seems like we have a lot of work ahead of us. I hope before to long we can start on some yard work. I've got some ideas for their yard. Of course, my mother has some of her own. Mine are just better!:) I'm looking forward to that.

When all of that is done we can work on his building for all his junk. And hopefully find time to clear my property of some of the trees. The goal is to have the bulldozer work done at the same time they are working on clearing a spot for his building and fixing the yard. We'll see out that turns out. With all there is to do, I don't see how it will all be done and all of us moved by the end of the year. At some point we will have to get their current place ready to put on the market as well! I need a vacation just thinking about all the work. Somewhere in there I'll attend classes and do homework.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Sounds like you're miving along at a good pace.
Glad to hear your Dad's feeling better.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet