Monday, February 9, 2009

Chance Meeting

I stood at the top of the stairs, surveying the room.
Across the space, a stranger stirred.
I dressed to impress, he in a shirt and tie.
I gingerly entered, drawn toward him
like a moth to a flame.
The fella sat down in a folding chair,
casually sprawled for comfort.
I stood with drink in hand,
looking somewhat lost and bewitched.
The first to arrive.
Handsome features and blue eyes,
a quick smile.
His voice, smooth and comforting
as he struck up a converstion.
Small talk about this and that.
I felt a tingle, an excitement.
A stirring, missing for so long.
I was there to listen.
He was there to speak.
A match made in heaven
and yet wasn't to be.

2 comments:

Sh@ney said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Dave!
And I love this writing...really nice!

Ray's Cowboy said...

do you write these wonderful peoms??
Very Nice
Ray

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet