Friday, March 12, 2010

Ultra Dave 2.0

Given my proclivity for list and my lack of them for a while, I figure it's high time for another one. With the impending date, if the fella hasn't been scared shitless by now, that is to take place somewhere at a date and time as yet to be determined, I figured I would list some of my favorite moments. Caution: If you aren't romantically inclined, you may become nauseated.




  • A romantic dinner with candle light at my favorite restaurant, 300 East. We ordered the same thing, had a couple of drinks and spent 3 hours just talking and making goo goo eyes at each other. The night ended with one of the most sensuous kiss that left me weak in the knees and my head in the clouds for 3 days.


  • A surprise birthday treat from my ex to a newly open restaurant. No candles but great conversation and food plus dessert. The gesture was so unexpected and sweet coming from him, I just fell deeper in love with him. Later that night was incredible too!


  • This one isn't really a date, just an event with my ex. On a Sunday afternoon, he showed up with a box of roses. He handed them to me at the door and walked away. He got another box from his car. And then another. And another. In total, 144 roses, 12 dozen. I was feeling light headed after all that. (He worked for a florist wholesaler and these were to be dumped. It's the thought that counts, right?)


  • Once, my first ex and I were invited to dinner at a friend of his. The dinner was great. The company and conversation sparkling. Afterward we retired to the living room to sip our cocktails in front of the fire. I sat on the floor with my head on his knee just staring at the flames and thinking how lucky I was to be with him. Sigh.


  • A guy I went out a couple of times with prepared dinner for us at his place. He was a superb cook. The food was amazing. He had lite candles, dimmed the lights, turned on some nice music. Afterward, we cuddled up on the couch to watch "Latter Days". When the movie ended, we each had a look of amazement on our faces. I'll never forget that shared look or experience.

That's enough for now. I'm getting misty eyed recalling all the great moments I've been blessed with. I hope my readers have had their share of them as well.

3 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

I do understand where youare coming from. My ex and I are still good freind. Even though he is in a Nusring home million miles away. I still think of him and call allot.
Ray

Lemuel said...

I think my fav of your stories was the event in which you two sat in front of the fire with your head on his knee. *Sigh*

anne marie in philly said...

best times - a saturday morning in a park...the 2 of us on a blanket on the grass...some wine...some chocolate...just talking and kissing and hugging and BEING. feeling the love between us was like high-voltage electricity. wanting to spend the rest of our lives together. alas, twas not to be.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet