Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Update

Where to begin? Lots of good stuff happening as well as some of the same crap. Overall, I would say it is on an upswing. My mother's recovery is going very well. I'm very happy about that! I had another birthday. Woohoo! I was surprised at how many of my FaceBook friends took the time to say, "Happy Birthday". Also, surprised that some I thought would didn't, but it's all good. People have lives and not all pay attention if and when they log in to little ole me. The biggest thrill was from my crush, who for the first time ever, actually posted on my wall to wish me a happy birthday! That truly was a nice feeling.

Chris, the dinner date guy didn't and hasn't really done much since he asked. I hate to say it, but he really comes across as a flake. He has changed his "Looking For" status, removed his "Single" status, he may or may not respond emails, and has deleted entire post I've commented on. I was ready to set the dinner date until all of this in the last few days. Now, I'm not. I just don't think I can be bothered. I hate it but whatever. I don't like the way he is coming across and I'd rather not be bothered to even start. I doubt he will respond to my comment on him changing his status from single to nothing and changing his looking for not to include dating any more. Not sure what to think of it all taken together. If I want drama, I'll go to the theatre. (I've also tried to ignored the fact that his best friend is also his ex and his room mate.)

School is a chore but coming along nicely, except for the pain in the ass online class. The remains a thorn in my side. I have moved the grade up slightly with still a few things left to grade. Who knows where it will end up. Just so I can get a passing 70, I don't really care.

I got my financial aid money finally! Woohoo! Now I don't feel quite so poor. It helped take care of a few expenses I've been putting off for a while. I also have money from my birthday. Now I can go out if I can find a guy who is mentally stable.

I also was invited to join a photography group. Very excited about that. Maybe I can hone what few skills I have. It will also be a chance to get out of the house while my money last and maybe meet some people. A friend also wants me to take part in a photo shoot for his cause, Stop AIDS Worldwide. That is Saturday. I'm excited about it. For those readers on FaceBook, it's the pictures with red paint on their faces. The paint should make me look better!

Also, I joined the AIDS Walk Charlotte scheduled for May 1, 2010. I have another post about it up already. Any of my readers are invited to please donate if you can. Any amount will help a worthy cause. There is a link in the other post I did today. I'm excited about it too. I haven't been able to do much with Hospice in the last few years. Thankfully, because they haven't had any AIDS patients, which is who I work with there, but also because of time constraints.

So far so good. Hope this year continues it upward trend. I know it won't be all sunshine and roses throughout the year, but I'm hopeful! Now to just win the lottery...

3 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

The guy sounds like a big flake. Dave you deserve better than that. Congrats on the AIDS walk. maybe you find a nice person there.
Hugs
Ray

AJohnP said...

I agree with Ray...nothing good can come from pursuing that guy. He will bring you nothing but unwanted drama!
Aside from that part of the entry, everyhting else seems to be going well!
Great to hear it. :-)

Russ Manley said...

You see, I told you not to get all obsessed in advance. Wait till there's something firm and solid to grab hold of and go crazy over. Grin.

Here's wishing you lots of roses and sunshine and l-o-v-e in your 46th year!

Or at least a decent dinner date . . . .

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet