Monday, March 15, 2010

Update

My mother's surgery is Wednesday. I'm nervous. She is ready to get it over with. Everyone is. I worry too much about everything. I'm sure she will come through it just fine. I do wonder about her self image. She has always been rather buxom. They are gonna do reconstructive surgery so I don't think it will be much of an issue. But you never know till afterward. I think my biggest concern is the recovery period. Infections, pulling something lose, or heaven knows what else could happen. She isn't suppose to lift anything over 5 pounds. Hopefully she will listen to what the doctor says. She will have a brief rehab to help get back in working order on that side. She is tough and a trooper. At almost 71, she is in average health with minimum issues for her age. I just hope something this major doesn't become the catalyst for her to start heading down hill.


I appreciate every ones kind words and support, your thoughts and prayers. My readers have come to replace the "real world" friends that I've lost. Between the well wishes on Blogger and FaceBook, I have felt more love than I have in the last ten years. I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart.

4 comments:

Russ Manley said...

All good thoughts and prayers for you and your mom, bud.

Java said...

Healing thoughts and prayers going out for your mom, David.

anne marie in philly said...

she will survive
for as long as she has all your love
you know she'll stay alive

(to paraphrase a favorite song)

Lemuel said...

Continued best wishes for your mother. You may want to try to intercept any of her attempts to lift beyond her limits. I get the sense that she is the kind that will say "oh, I can lift that" and do it when she should not. I know those kind of people. I'm one of them. :)

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet