Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Odd Couple

There is someone for everyone
or so it seems.
I see it all the time.
I look at the odd couples
and wonder;
what drew them together?
Was it fate?
Was it lack of choice?
Is it the potential they see?
They are seemingly happy,
certainly more than me.
They have something I covet.
Something I long for.
I hope it is yet to be for me.
I don't look down upon them.
I actually stand in awe.
For in their mismatched coupledom,
they have achieved;
something that eludes me,
something that inspire me,
something that gives me hope.
That the same thing may
one day happen to me.

3 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

Thank for this wonderful peom.
Thank you for being you.
Ray

Russ Manley said...

Yes there's someone for everyone . . . so who the hell is holding out on me?

Grin.

Ultra Dave said...

I know exactly what you mean Russ. There are many more frogs than princes.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet