Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rant: Take One


As most of my dear readers know, I'm a laid back, easy going kind of fellow. I don't let things get to me much. I tend to let things roll off like water on a duck's back. But recently, somethings have been gnawing at me and I just need to let it out. So this is my first rant on my blog. I usually just carry on around the house in private. I also believe that I'm not alone in this circumstance. Be warned, there may be harsh language used.
I'm a live and let live kinda guy. I don't pry into other's lives and I expect them to stay out of mine. I never go out of my way to make someone feel bad or uncomfortable, if I realize I have, I quickly apologize for it. I don't judge others for their beliefs or values or their lifestyles or their choices, whether I personally agree or understand them. I've never thought myself better than anyone else, in any way, shape or form. I've never thought anyone less deserving of respect or dignity because they were somehow different than me. I do my absolute best to be tolerant and understanding of all differences that are present in the human race.
However, with that said, there are those in this country (and elsewhere, I'm sure) that seem to go out of their way to make life miserable for anyone they see as different from them. Whether it be religious, morals, lifestyle or any other way you can divide a population. They have made it their mission in life to sit in judgement over others using their standards, which they have deemed to be absolute in truth and righteousness. They have convoluted the truth from a text they claim to hold in the highest esteem to where it is unrecognizable. They have called for death, discrimination, and disregard in the name of their God based on their interpretation of the text. Yet they adhere to only the passages of the same text that works to their own advantage. They have repressed and oppressed with it. They have have defiled the very word of their own God to meet their own warped views and agendas. These people consider themselves the harbinger of truth, justice and seek to usher in God's kingdom on earth. They are vile hypocrites that deserve death and eternal damnation in the very Hell they seek to confine everyone else to. They hide behind archaic interpretations to placate their own fears, shortcomings and self loathings. These people are the true perversions of God's word and his will. They are embittered tiny people with their own cross to bear, not that of Christ. Their hearts are full of hate not love. They minds are closed to truth and understanding, both of God and man. They serve no one but their petty selves. They will reap the rewards of their misdeeds, their misinterpretations, their hate. They will burn in the Hell of their own making. It is they, the dredges of the Holy world that will suffer the fates they cast upon others. When that day comes, the downtrodden, oppressed, and long suffering at their hands, their laws will cry out, "Justice", and God will smile and bless the meek as promised.

5 comments:

Russ Manley said...

I agree buddy 100%. Here in small town TX its very easy to see how religion is used as a means of social control. And if you are Not Our Kind, to hell with you. It's all about control ultimately by straight white men and, i have come to see, always has been. Which is totally missing the point in my view.

Just wondering what sparked your rant today (I do the same thing quite often at home), a personal incident or just the stupidity/hypocrisy of the world in general.

Lemuel said...

If you want to fuel the fires of your rant, you may want to read "American Fascists" by Chris Hedges. You will find in him (and in me) a kindred spirit.

A Lewis said...

I've said for year that there are alot of supposedly righteous people who are going to be in for a rude awakening one day when they don't end up where they think they are going to. I swear, Jesus would have nothing to do with the majority of his followers today.

rptrcub said...

I wish a certain someone who will be occupying 1600 Penn. Ave. soon would just tell the truth about religion for what it is: a patchwork of parables stitched together for political purposes throughout the centuries, written by errant men claiming it to be inerrant.

But nooooo, we're supposed to sit down for tea and "dialogue" with them and tell them that their beliefs in fairy tales have political merit.

Sorry, I'm particularly cranky tonight.

Ur-spo said...

alas, it is as true now as it has always been in history.
Trick is, try not to let it get to you too much - but don't get too numb as not to do anything about it.

Truth will out.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet