Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What Were They Thinking?



Does anyone else find this disturbing? I can't remember what I was searching for when I stumbled across this on the internet, but I thought it takes a sick mind to get a gun license for your infant son, and a really sick mind to have them photographed with it. It amazes me that some people will protest to high heaven about sex or nudity in movies, yet turn around and do this. I would rather my child be exposed to a naked human body, male or female, or even simulated love making than the rampant violence in today's films or television shows. I can understand the influence it can have on a child, especially one without strong moral guidance or role models to follow. How is seeing a penis or breast as corrupting to a young mind as mindless acts of murder or mayhem in the name of entertainment? Even video games and cartoons seem to employ more violence than I recall growing up. I think it is a crying shame. I don't have a problem with responsible gun ownership. But honestly do you need an AK-47 to deer hunt? A rifle or shotgun, okay. A handgun for protection, no problem. There is a line that needs to be drawn somewhere. I don't think youngsters need to be exposed to XXX movies till they can process the act emotionally, but seeing body parts of either gender can't be as endangering to the young mind as bloodshed, torture, stabbings, and murder for the sake of entertainment.

1 comment:

Lemuel said...

Hey, Dave, th ekid has to learn early that the proper response to someone stepping on his toes (literally) is to shoot the person! (If you had not heard, this actually happened in Ohio recently. Some pre-schooler shot his babysitter because she stepped on his toes!)

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet