Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ho Hum............









At the moment, I'm uninspired. I really can't think of anything to focus on for a post. I have ideas and thoughts running around my head, only to desert me when I begin to type. While I focus on different things throughout the day, in the evening, in the quietude of home, all those clever little things I thought would be a great topic, just disappear. Poof! They're gone! So if this weaves like a drunk, just over look tonight.






I still have not heard from the blind date fella. I assume I won't and have moved on. I will not call him strictly on principle, but also, I'm not that desperate.






I still wait patiently for Jeff to sweep my off my feet and to our fairytale wedding, after a whirlwind romance of course. Ain't holding my breath on that one either. But at least we email occasionally.






I'm helping my father paint the old place. That has been a chore, but I actually enjoy it. I can really get into a zone while painting. There is much to be done there and at the other place still. It will be interesting to see how it all comes together at some point.






Not much to worry with for school at the moment. So far, so good. I'm certain that will change as the semester progresses. I'll enjoy it while it last.






For now everything seems to be in the familiar holding pattern. It's like watching a status bar for a download using an old dial-up modem. You tap the screen to see if it's stuck. That's the way it feels anyway. Not bad, not good. Nothing to get depressed over. Nothing to get excited about either. It is what it is. I'll just keep watching the status bar for now.

2 comments:

TomS said...

Dave,
I have episodes sometimes where I feel my well has finally gone dry. Often a day or two away will more than replensih it....to the point where I don't know when to quit! it often helps me to visit my fellow bloggers and comment on their writing, etc.

Let your mind rest a bit...I have every confidence that you will come back roaring! You have wonderful things to say.

Take care,
Tom

Lemuel said...

For me it is the days of routine that make the days of interest and excitement all the better.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet