Friday, March 6, 2009

Oh Crappy Day!



What a day! I'm wore out! I had lots of stuff to do and got about half through it thus far. I think I'm gonna stop now for a while. I've got the last load of laundry in the dyer and the house some what in order, I can live with it till I get another chance to tackle it.

I took the car in for some warranty work. The front axial was making a horrible noise when you turn the wheel. I figure I better have it looked at before the warranty was up. The car is a 2007 Suzuki. My father bought it for me in February of 2008 with a little less than 25,000 miles on it. It was cheap transportation. Not something I would have chosen for myself. Anyway, the problem isn't covered under the warranty. It appears that the previous owner ran over something and did some damage to the undercarriage and the axial. I'm so pissed. I assume my father in his infinite car buying wisdom asked to see a CarFax report to check for accidents. I also assume that when the dealership considered the car they checked it out thoroughly. Obviously, there is a problem somewhere in there. I looked under the car myself and the evidence is very clear that something was ran over in that car. The problem with the axial boot may not have been very obvious at first but it is now. I feel it should be covered under some dealership warranty if not the manufacturer's. It was sold in good condition, not "as is". Since I wasn't with my father while he was shopping around, I have no idea what was said or represented by the salesperson. I'm gonna let him deal with it. I haven't told him yet. I've been cooling off about it. I'm not paying $650 to fix something that should have been noticed before it was ever placed on the lot. I haven't even put 6,000 miles on it yet! This is why I always buy new vehicles!

1 comment:

Lemuel said...

This is one reason I am keeping my vehicles even though the mileage is mounting. I know how they have been cared for, what has been wrong, and I'll take my chances on what now needs to be fixed.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet