Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sweet Dreams Baby




A world without you

isn't worth living in.

A dream without

you is a nightmare.

Where have you been?

What are you doing?

Why haven't you called?

And why do I care?

Maybe it's love.

Maybe it's infatuation.

No way to know.

I never felt this way before.

My heart is a flutter with hope.

My skin flush with anticipation.

Some how it will work

if it was meant to be.

My life will go on,

but not as before

How could it be?

You filled the part

that was missing in me

Sweet dreams baby,

on what can be.

Somehow I'll make through,

with or without you.

Though it pains me to.

3 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

Nice poem. hope youhad a wonderful Birthday.
Ray

Lemuel said...

I that is you composition (as I suspect it is), you should copyright it and submit it to a music publisher. Someone is bound to pick up that lyric and put it to music.

Ultra Dave said...

Yes it is, oddly I was singing it as I wrote it!

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet