Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Favorite

This the wine label created by artist Stefan Duncan

for Maison Bleue Winery.



I'm not a big wine drinker but I do indulge in a nice white wine occasionally. When I purchased a painting from Stefan, he also gave me a bottle of Maison Bleue Rousanne 2008 Le Via Douce wine. When I opened it a few months later I was blown away by this wine! I've come to learn it is from a very limited production vineyard in Washington state. It is heaven in a glass. Red wines give me an instant headache so I avoid them. A few white wines are a bit on the dry side or too sweet for my liking. This fabulous white Rousanne is exquisite. I highly recommend if you like trying various wines, try to locate this one. It is worth the $23.oo a bottle!


4 comments:

Jim said...

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to see if I can find it!

Ur-spo said...

I love wine
It is my metaphor for Life. I want to sample as many bottles and vineyards as I can in life.

Russ Manley said...

what a beautiful painting, Dave - very Van Gogh-esque, love it. (I'd have made the roof tiles red myself, for contrast, but hey I'm no artist . . . lol)

Thanks for the wine tip too, sounds good. I'm not big on white wines at all, prefer red or pink usually with Italian food or the like. But do try Chenin Blanc sometime, if you can find it anywhere. It's scarce but the only white wine I like.

Larry Ohio said...

"It is heaven in a glass." Wow, what a statement! I love trying different wines.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet