Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"You like me, you really like me!"


Wow! I'm deeply honored. Thanks so much Larry!
If I understand this correctly, I'm to share five things about myself and pass this along to five other bloggers that I appreciate.

1) Blogging.
When I began my blog on September 13th, 2008, I honestly had no idea what to expect. I wasn't even sure I would like doing it. I certainly had no long term plan for it. I wasn't even sure if it would be read. This Sunday, the hit counter turned over 80,000 hits! I have 47 followers, that I adore and readers that I can't wait to hear from. It has been a great blessing in my life. Thanks so much to all of you!

2) Parents.
I am very close to my parents. I love and admire them deeply. They have been a great source of inspiration throughout my life. I have helped them over the last 18 months, renovate a home for them that belonged to my grandparents. I helped them take care of my grandfather before his passing. I have learned so much from them and owe them so much. I look forward to the time I get to spend with them. I stand in awe at times.

3) Izzy.
My lovable canine companion. A German Short Hair Pointer, who has completely took over my life and my heart. I don't believe I have ever been in the presence of so much love and acceptance in my life. I can't imagine my life without him.

4) Facebook.
I love the fact that Facebook has reunited my with so many people from my past. For the first time in a very long time, I no longer feel isolated and alone. While some of the features are tedious and annoying, I do love to chat with friends. It has added a whole new dimension to my on line experience, without resorting to hookup or sex websites. Truly a great deal of fun.

5) Music and Movies.
I find these two things to be almost inseparable. I find both intertwined throughout my life and just had to mention them together. I love all types of both. All genres. Not much I won't give a try. The only exception to movies is slasher type movies. I see no need for the gore. Musically, gangsta rap is something I avoid. Everything else, I'm open to!

Now, here is my list of five blogs I would like to honor.

The musings of Michael at Spo Reflections
The interesting fellow, Jim at Jim's Stuff
The ever supportive Ray at Ray's Cowboys (NSFW)
The amazing woman, Java at My life, or something like it
The friendly fella, Kelly at Rambling along in life....


And again, thank you so much Larry at Patently Queer for such an honor. I'm truly touched.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

thank you for the mention David, you are a dear
I like your other bloggers too - favorites of mine as well!

Ray's Cowboy said...

You are more than welcome. I love your blog and will always be here for you.
You deserve the congrats on a well done blog.
Ray

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet