Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Love A Blue Moon




I'm a romantic, as if it wasn't self evident from some of my writings. I believe that there is someone for everyone, even if they may not always end up together. Fate can conspire against it sometimes. The timing may be off a bit or there are odds that just can't be overcome. It's sad really when you think about it. I've had this experience happen personally a few times. I would meet someone and fall for them, whether it was mutual, I'll never know. Either they were with someone else or I was, and I never, ever interject myself into those situations. I believe in respecting the coupledom. Or they, or me were in some sort of transition, like moving, or away at college or whatever. Then there are other factors that interfere with it, like having different schedules, losing a phone number or a sudden job transfer. The timing was way off in some way, with no way of circumventing it. My readers may be surprised to learn this interesting tidbit about my writings. They are based on real people. Some I've loved and lost. Some I've longed for but never hooked up with. Others I still find myself drawn to after almost 30 years of our first meeting. Yes, for as close as I am to being a monk, I still have a passionate side. And a really good memory.





The last few pieces I wrote actually concern a real fella named Jeff that I worked with in high school. Yep, that long ago at the tender age of 17, he was 18. Thanks to Facebook we have caught up with each other. He is as handsome as ever, maybe even more so with his silver hair. But atlas, timing is still a problem. While both of us are currently single and live not far from each other and have a slew of friends in common, one of us isn't in the position to pursue any sort of relationship or friendship or anything at this point. That would be me, the unemployed, broke, still a bit overweight, in school, living off his parents generosity, middle aged guy. I decided to mention this just to get it off my chest. The whole unrequited love thing wears thin after nearly 30 years, 2 relationship and Lord know what else has past. But there it is, out in the light of day. If it is meant to be, it will happen. In the meantime, I keep a check on his Facebook page and send an email occasionally and wait for the timing to be right. After all, once in a blue moon, things do go right.

2 comments:

Lemuel said...

I'll send out some good thoughts and waves that your reconnection continues and blossoms into a renewed, fulfilling (for both), and loving relationship! Happy New Year, Dave! May it bring special happiness to you!

Java said...

Oh, I hope things work out well. You say he's single now, too? Good luck.

HNY 2 U

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet