Friday, December 25, 2009

I Melt

I see your face and melt.
I hear your voice, my heart sings.
I long for you from afar.
I want to be with you, but know I can't.
I'm not your type, not in your circle.
I gaze across the divide in wonder and awe.
Your smile haunts me, while I wish I were the cause.
The very thought of you intoxicates me.
Just a glimpse and I'm head over heels.
I ache for your touch though I know it will never come.
But I wait and dream.
One day, I'll sweep you off your feet.
Your knight in shining armour.
Your hero.
And you will be mine.
The reason I exists.
The reason I breathe.
I see you and I melt all over again.

1 comment:

TomS said...

Such longing...!
Beautiful poem, Dave.

So glad to visit you here, and have you drop by as well. Hope your dreams become reality in 2010.
Tom

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet