Thursday, December 4, 2008

Daydream Believer

I love this picture. I wish I could remember where I found it on the web. It puts me in the mind of some enchanted place far, far away. A place where all your dreams can come true if you just believe in them. Even as a child, I daydreamed a lot. Buried myself in books and fantasy. I still indulge as an adult now and again, but reality has a way of missing with your hopes and dreams. I still have a few I'll share with you.

  • I've always wanted to be well off, not filthy rich, but financially secure, comfortable. To be able to take vacations every year, pay my bills when they are due, purchase what I need or may want, be able to give generously to charities, have a nice home with nice furniture and be able to live, not just exist. Not jet set around the world on a whim, or throw lavish parties. Just be able to enjoy life without the monetary struggles I've always faced.
  • Another little fantasy of mine is not having to work for a living. Not to be keep up by my parents or someone else. Just have the money to buy books, travel some, and take endless classes for personal growth and satisfaction. I always wanted to learn yoga, tai chi, fencing, piano, violin, harp, guitar, meditation classes. Just expand my horizon and breath of knowledge on my own schedule, at my own pace.
  • The last little daydream is about looking good, being popular, being a hunk magnet. Just being irresistible to everyone. Having the perfect hair, perfect smile, radiate health and vitality, just being the epitome of physical male beauty and perfection.

In daydreams and fantasies, you can be anything you want, do anything. Nothing can stop you. But you know what I finally realized in my mid 30's? There doesn't have to be a separation between your reality and your daydreams. You can achieve them, by planning your life and your actions accordingly. You don't have to let someones reality become yours. Don't listen to the naysayers. The most surefire way to never achieve them is to never try. I may never achieve all of my dreams fully, but even if I achieved a tenth, I wouldn't complain.

1 comment:

Lemuel said...

I do not think that those dreams are either unrealistic or unachievable. They may take some disciple, but it seems to me that you can fulfill a good bit of them. Dream on!

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet