Wednesday, December 3, 2008

All The Men

I'm bored out of my gourd. I was remembering some of the fellas I've messed around with over the years. I'm always fascinated by what people do for a living. I always thought it had to be more exciting than my working in sales. At some point before, during, or afterward, I would ask. Here are some of the ones I recall.


  • Civil Engineer

  • Stripper

  • Bartender

  • Cop

  • Business Owner

  • Sales Rep

  • Software Programmer

  • School Teacher

  • Leather Craftier

  • Hairstylist

  • Ballet Dancer

  • Ballroom Dance Instructor

  • Artist

  • Waiter

  • Scout Leader

  • Antique Dealer

  • Car Salesman

  • Construction Worker

  • Bodybuilder

  • Model

  • Leasing Agent

  • Convenience Store Clerk

  • Pharmacist

  • Retire Marine Captain

  • Florist

  • Deli Manager

  • Bookstore Manager

  • Irish Priest

  • Lineman

  • Lighting Director

  • Property Manager

  • Nurse

  • Neo Natal Respiratory Therapist

  • Mortician

  • Accountant

I've been with about 60 people so recalling details about half of them isn't too bad. Of course, few of the people had similar jobs so I didn't list them twice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter what they do for a living, just as long as the both of you connect and enjoy what you're doing.

Lemuel said...

Actually one of the helpful things about this post is to dismiss the concept that we are all "hairdressers and florists". We are all unique people and the largest majority of us do not stand out in a crowd. We do what "everybody else" does, etc.

Rick said...

Damn. I feel bad. I never thought to ask.

rptrcub said...

What I can remember:

Photographer.
Lots of sales reps.
Teachers.
Church organists.
Construction worker.
Travel agent.
Bioinformaticist.
IT guy.
Concierge.
Engineers.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet