Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Feeling Sad


I'm feeling a little despondent today. I'm sure without my medication it would be worse. With Thanksgiving next week, I realized this will be the first without any of my grandparents around to share it with. While my grandfather was still around, it kinda took the edge off, but with him gone, the emptiness is hitting full force. I can only imagine how my mother must feel about this. The old saying,"The only constant in life is change.", is certainly truer this year. I have experienced more sadness and depression than I can remember. Losing a job, losing a car, giving up another job, caring for my grandfather and then losing him in July, this has been a rough year. Somehow I made it. I still have a home, my parents, my dog, my physical health, school, and a future to keep me going. Even though I lost a lot, I didn't lose everything. For that I grateful. There will still be many things to be thankful for this year. I'm especially thankful for the time I was able to spend with my grandfather. He was always an important part of my life. Giving up a job was worth it. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

3 comments:

TigerYogiji said...

((HUGS)) :(

rptrcub said...

I'm sorry, Dave. Sending good vibes/hugs from Georgia your way. That sounds sappy, I know, but I can completely empathize with you, for as much as I can seem like a cynical person on my blog.

larry said...

medication helps.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet