Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pondering


I hope everyone has enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I enjoyed the time with the family and the food was excellent as always. I ate like I had some sense and didn't go overboard with it like I usually do. The weather here was very nice, in the low 60's with sunshine all day. I can't believe how my niece, nephews and cousins are growing. They're a handsome bunch if I may say so. It sure does make me feel old. I remember when they were all just little babies. Now my oldest nephew is a teenager, my two youngest cousins are in their early twenties. My niece is playing soccer and the youngest nephew is in third grade already. Where does the time go? I was worried about my mother some since this would be the first Thanksgiving without her father, but if she was sad or upset over it, she showed no outward signs of it while we were all there. The older the kids get the easier for me to relate to them. Now their answers make sense and I'm not so worried about saying or doing something wrong around them. I guess if I were around them more, I may have gotten more comfortable earlier on. It amazes me at how smart and savvy they all have become. I don't remember being that insightful when I was at any of their ages. Maybe I was a late bloomer. I'm looking forward to Christmas now and a new year is just around the corner. I sure hope it turns out better than this one has been for the family.

3 comments:

Breenlantern said...

Glad you had a good day. May the rest of the holidays be as enjoyable.

Unknown said...

I hope you had a great turkey day

Lemuel said...

a belated Happy Thanksgiving!

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet