Sunday, November 16, 2008

Guess What?


I started my Christmas shopping yesterday. I figured I might as well while I still have a little bit of money left. I purchased for my father, mother and brother in law. I still have to get something for my sister, my niece and two nephews. I'm not spending much this year, not like I really do anyway, but less than I normally would if I were working. I can't believe how quickly this year has passed. It's almost Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before you know it. I prefer to have it over and done with so I can enjoy the Christmas spirit. I don't think retail will do that well this season. To much uncertainty about jobs, mortgages, insurance, the wars, and the election. I'm sure we will see some more chain stores fail after the holidays. I hope not, but this is the time of the year when the largest portion of their yearly sales comes in. It doesn't look good.

1 comment:

TigerYogiji said...

I was reading an article a few weeks ago that pretty much said that Circuit City, Borders and Talbots would be gone by the end of the year.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet